Author Topic: New to site and a little to OC  (Read 3336 times)

Offline Kylereu

• VERITAS ~ AEQUITAS
New to site and a little to OC
« on: September 20, 2010, 07:49:23 PM »
Hey every one,

My name is Kyle and I have been OCing in the Grand Rapids, Caledonia, Kent County area for three months now. I actually started due to this site and read up on here almost every day. I figured I should officially join the forum since it is way overdue now.

Thank you all for your great posts on here, they are very helpful.

I would rather be judged 12 by then carried by 6. God said tho shalt not kill (murder) God also said if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36 (Sure that if there were guns back then he would have traded sword for gun ;) )

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
Re: New to site and a little to OC
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 08:16:56 PM »
Welcome Kyle! If you want to meet up with some of us we are doing an MDOT litter pickup in Hartford this Saturday! Check out the SW Events section for more information.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline Kylereu

• VERITAS ~ AEQUITAS
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 08:50:04 PM »
Sunday or Saturday? When I went to the calender it said Sunday. I would love to be there on Sunday if it is. If it is on Saturday I have to work until 4PM and that would not work so well. Either way though, I would love to meet you guys. I open carry down the road when walking on side walk and have been in a couple small places but I just cant get the nerve yet to walk into a crowded place like say Walmart or places like that. I know its legal but I am the only one I know or seen open carry really around here and would love to take a trip to you guys and go some where with you to be able to take that big plunge with some one there with me, instead of just my feet getting wet.  ;)
I would rather be judged 12 by then carried by 6. God said tho shalt not kill (murder) God also said if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36 (Sure that if there were guns back then he would have traded sword for gun ;) )

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 09:18:54 PM »
There are 2 cleanups... 1 on Saturday in the SW Region and one on Sunday in the SE Region.

Dates are dictated by MDOT that is why they are the same weekend.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline drtodd

• MOC Member
  • MOC Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 12:19:30 AM »
Hey every one,

My name is Kyle and I have been OCing in the Grand Rapids, Caledonia, Kent County area for three months now. I actually started due to this site and read up on here almost every day. I figured I should officially join the forum since it is way overdue now.

Thank you all for your great posts on here, they are very helpful.

Well... I've never seen you so...  just kidding.  Welcome.  I've been OCing in Grand Rapids and surrounding areas for a long time with only 1 issue (Walmart).  Again... Welcome.
"The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime." Miller v. U.S. 230 F 486 at 489

"Where rights as secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which will abrogate them." Miranda v. Ariz., 384 U.S. 436 at 491 (1966).