Author Topic: Plymouth chili cookoff Oct 10th (This is an informal event)  (Read 7840 times)

Offline JoeCar

Plymouth chili cookoff Oct 10th (This is an informal event)
« on: September 26, 2010, 07:15:44 PM »
Well, i didn't get any bites for the Bikes on the bricks festival from our organization, so is anyone interested/going to the Plymouth chili cookoff/motorcycle show on Oct. 10th, a Sunday?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 05:54:23 PM by autosurgeon »

Offline Wardo

Re: Plymouth chili cookoff
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 07:53:13 AM »
I will be there!   I probably will not OC however cause ill be on the motorcycle and i dont have my CPL yet.  Still waiting on the gun board.....
-----------------------------------------------
God made man, Sam Colt made him equal!

Offline JoeCar

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 10:25:45 AM »
Good to hear! I'm planning on the motorcycle ride which starts in Farmington at Motorcity Harley on that Sunday and ends up at the Plymouth festival. It's ten dollars to ride with them. You might want to consider that idea.

Offline NHCGRPR45

• Macomb Twp. MI
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 03:40:45 AM »
well count me in as a maybe, not sure if i have something or not.
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such goverment, and to provide new gaurds for their future security. United States Constitution.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 08:03:39 PM »
From Plymouth's codes online:
 >:(
http://library1.municode.com/default-test/home.htm?infobase=12843&doc_action=whatsnew

This place seems VERY ANTI-OC?

Sec. 54-203.  Carrying firearms or dangerous weapons.
It shall be unlawful for any person to carry a firearm or dangerous weapon on his person or within or upon any vehicle, except as specifically provided for within this division, concealed or otherwise, in or upon the public streets, alleys, public shopping centers or places of business frequented by the public, or public parks or on the property of any school, college, whether public, private or parochial, locations of religious worship open to the public, or any other public place in the city, unless the bearer possesses a duly authorized unexpired state license to carry a concealed weapon. It shall also be unlawful for any person to carry a machine gun, sawed-off shotgun, or to have a silencer, or any instrument, attachment or appliance for causing the firing of any firearm to be silent or intended to lessen or muffle the noise of the firing of any firearm, except as is otherwise permitted by law, or to have a switchblade knife, bombs, blackjacks, metallic knuckles, sand gloves, sand bag, sand club, sling shot, billy club or metallic bar designed for use as a club in his possession.
(Code 1982, § 9.133(1))

Sec. 54-204.  Carrying longarms.
It shall be unlawful for any person to carry a longarm on the public streets, alleys, public shopping centers or places of business frequented by the public, parks or on property of any school or college, whether public, private or parochial, locations of religious worship open to the public, or any other public place in the city, whether cased or uncased, except under the provisions of this division.
(1)   Unloaded longarms may be transported from a place of purchase to the residence of the purchaser if enclosed in a carton, container, closed gun case, or wrapped completely in commercial wrapping paper securely closed by tape or string, while being so transported.
(2)   Unloaded longarms may be transported by motor vehicle to and from hunting and firearms practice or target shooting, but must be fully enclosed in a closed carton, container or gun case or carried in the trunk of the vehicle.
(3)   Unloaded longarms may be carried by persons, 17 years or older, on foot, to and from a regulated gun range, when the firearm is fully enclosed in a closed carton, container, or gun case. Persons so involved shall proceed to and from the gun range without delay by avoiding loitering on the public streets and all other public places within the city.
(Code 1982, § 9.133(2))

"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 08:11:33 PM »
I think if I come I'll OC Dual shotguns, & a mini-30, A sub2k, a couple of K98's, & a Marlin60 to top it off.

(Just kidding..settle down).

:P

They really went out of their way to prohibit Long Guns in their city code. I think down the road, in the future we should challenge this.

"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline emt805

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 12:25:31 AM »
Looks like more people not doing homework and trying to get their way without anyone speaking up about it. I should be attending the chili event

Offline NHCGRPR45

• Macomb Twp. MI
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 01:45:38 AM »
seems like they are almost within the law, they make a provision for those with CPL's but they do ban OC, and only parts of the long gun ban would be enforceable.
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such goverment, and to provide new gaurds for their future security. United States Constitution.

Offline emt805

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 01:56:27 AM »
From Plymouth's codes online:
 >:(
http://library1.municode.com/default-test/home.htm?infobase=12843&doc_action=whatsnew

This place seems VERY ANTI-OC?

Sec. 54-203.  Carrying firearms or dangerous weapons.
It shall be unlawful for any person to carry a firearm  or dangerous weapon on his person or within or upon any vehicle, except as specifically provided for within this division, concealed or otherwise, in or upon the public streets, alleys, public shopping centers or places of business frequented by the public, or public parks or on the property of any school, college, whether public, private or parochial, locations of religious worship open to the public, or any other public place in the city, unless the bearer possesses a duly authorized unexpired state license to carry a concealed weapon. It shall also be unlawful for any person to carry a machine gun, sawed-off shotgun, or to have a silencer, or any instrument, attachment or appliance for causing the firing of any firearm to be silent or intended to lessen or muffle the noise of the firing of any firearm, except as is otherwise permitted by law, or to have a switchblade knife, bombs, blackjacks, metallic knuckles, sand gloves, sand bag, sand club, sling shot, billy club or metallic bar designed for use as a club in his possession.
(Code 1982, § 9.133(1))

Sec. 54-204.  Carrying longarms.
It shall be unlawful for any person to carry a longarm on the public streets, alleys, public shopping centers or places of business frequented by the public, parks or on property of any school or college, whether public, private or parochial, locations of religious worship open to the public, or any other public place in the city, whether cased or uncased, except under the provisions of this division.
(1)   Unloaded longarms may be transported from a place of purchase to the residence of the purchaser if enclosed in a carton, container, closed gun case, or wrapped completely in commercial wrapping paper securely closed by tape or string, while being so transported.
(2)   Unloaded longarms may be transported by motor vehicle to and from hunting and firearms practice or target shooting, but must be fully enclosed in a closed carton, container or gun case or carried in the trunk of the vehicle.
(3)   Unloaded longarms may be carried by persons, 17 years or older, on foot, to and from a regulated gun range, when the firearm is fully enclosed in a closed carton, container, or gun case. Persons so involved shall proceed to and from the gun range without delay by avoiding loitering on the public streets and all other public places within the city.
(Code 1982, § 9.133(2))
Talk about putting a foot in their mouth from how I understand the wording in green states they cannot enforce this due to preemptioin which is the case anyways. Love that tax payer money is put into making laws they cannot enforce

Offline NHCGRPR45

• Macomb Twp. MI
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2010, 04:14:57 AM »
your right em805 yes, they should change there ordanance. since they make a provision for CPL's. lets not forget that pontiac still refuses to change there ordanances also.

Offline Big Gay Al

• MOC Member
  • Rock Island Armory 1911A1 FS Tactical .45 ACP
    • Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
  • First Name (Displayed): Al
Re: Plymouth chili cookoff Oct 10th (This is an informal event)
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 05:05:17 PM »
With all the ordinances they have, it seems to me they're trying to become a city-state, and split away from Michigan. :)
Big Gay Al
Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 10:57:11 PM »
   And Thats Real Sad :-\ Carry On
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline FatMan

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2010, 02:59:12 PM »
Myself, my son and Mr. Glock made an appearance at the chili cookoff. We hadn't left the parking lot (found a free one) and some yahoo old guy in a passing car said "nice job moron" at first it didn't register then I thought he was referring to my parking but I realized he had entered after I had parked. So I smiled at him real big and winked. I was tempted to finger gun him but I refraigned. The cook off was other wise uneventful. The chili tasting area was too crowded. The chatzkis were over priced. But my son had a blast so it was well worth it.
Why do you carry that handgun every place you go? Cause it's lighter than my shotgun.

Offline NHCGRPR45

• Macomb Twp. MI
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2010, 10:19:29 PM »
well myself and glock9mm went to this event. imo it was more of a motorcycle event than a chili cook off. there were several streets absolutely filled with motorcycles, row upon row of them. i actually had to ask a biker where the chili cook off was, at firts his reply was what you can't see it??? i said no, i haven't found it yet, is it actually going on today or did i miss it? he then said you really don't know, i said no i sure don't. the he said its right behind you.

i turned around and down the street there was a sign yellow sign with black lettering, it was way to far to read it, he pointed and said that were it is. i asked if this was a motorcycle event and he said it was a chili cook off that happened to have a motorcycle event also.

the chili cook off, was under a roofed open air building. they had a system that you paid for tickets to be able to get tiny cups of chili like the kind of tiny cups you get at a supermarket when the are doing those food tasting stands. 1$ equaled 1 tiny cup. it wasn't even a full tiny cup, judgeing by what i saw people carring around. way to expensive for me. 

there was a live band, that was pretty good and there were a lot of custom bikes, which was really cool to look at. there was plenty of law enforcement there, sheriffs and plymouth police, a lady flagged down 2 plymouth cops and was pointing at us and talking to the police, they pointed right at us and talked to the lady for a short while and walked away. they had walked by us a few times very obviously noticing our sidearms but notstopping or interacting with us at all. which is what i want to tell the truth i don't even mind if they do stop me and have a conversation. if they want to say hello, how are ya, i am ok with that so long as they aren't rude or trying to force my cooperation then its fine with me. so it was an uneventful event, it was fun to see all the bikes and they have a really nice downtown area and i will probably go back with the lady friend  and i don't have any fear at all of being harrased by that department.

Offline Wardo

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2010, 11:38:47 PM »
I was there as well.  I was one of the 4 sportbikes in the area, lol.

Love that event though,  ate enough to kill a moose.   Didnt see you guys walking around though, must have been the 4000 people blocking my view.....
-----------------------------------------------
God made man, Sam Colt made him equal!

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2010, 09:27:15 PM »
your right em805 yes, they should change there ordanance. since they make a provision for CPL's. lets not forget that pontiac still refuses to change there ordanances also.

Lansing too...
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).