Author Topic: Newbie from Wyandotte.  (Read 6525 times)

Offline Kalvin6996

Newbie from Wyandotte.
« on: November 22, 2010, 11:06:40 PM »
Hello everyone I'm Kalvin, never OC and probably wont for awhile at least around here! Wouldn't think OC has broken out much into the Downriver area since i have never seen anyone OC personally. I got denied my CPL not to long ago from a suspended license i had a little over six years ago what a bummer. But would like to get involved more into the OC community and events! It's really something new to me and looks very interesting and would be happy to print out those LEO Packets you guys have and start handing them out around here to local police stations. There has been lots of robberies around here within the last week, so it really has gotten me thinking! I will start trying to spread the word around here, i would think that the police would be strict around here. But i look forward to attending some events, i seen you have a Seminar at Gander Mountain in Taylor December 9th look forward to that!

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
Re: Newbie from Wyandotte.
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 12:08:26 AM »
Welcome looking forward in meeting you at the gander. Carry On.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline hamaneggs

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 12:38:05 AM »
You should check out your reason for denial.CPL boards have been known to screw up,either intentionaly or accidentaly.Talk to one of the pro-gun lawyers available.You are allowed to appeal a denial(which should be done asap).I went through the same hassle to get mine for what didn't happen in 01'! Attorney Dean Greenblatt is one,at 248-336-9675.I believe MOC has his info in a sticky here or on the opencarry.org michigan thread. Welcome to MOC,the freedom web site!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 12:42:40 AM by hamaneggs »
In GOD I TRUST! Luke 22:36 "and if You don't have a sword,sell Your cloak and buy one". Nehemiah 4:17 "Those who carried materials did their work with one hand and held a weapon in the other,and each of the builders wore his sword at His side as He worked."  I AGREE! AMEN!

Offline Kalvin6996

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 10:38:37 AM »
You should check out your reason for denial.CPL boards have been known to screw up,either intentionaly or accidentaly.Talk to one of the pro-gun lawyers available.You are allowed to appeal a denial(which should be done asap).I went through the same hassle to get mine for what didn't happen in 01'! Attorney Dean Greenblatt is one,at 248-336-9675.I believe MOC has his info in a sticky here or on the opencarry.org michigan thread. Welcome to MOC,the freedom web site!

Was because of suspended license which is on the 8 year list, but i missed the board meeting back in june due to being in Florida, i called them like a week ago to make an appointment still haven't heard from them.

Offline RenegadeMarine

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 06:42:03 PM »
I still don't think you were disqualified because of just a suspended drivers license, it must be because of the offense(s) leading to the suspension. I had my drivers license suspended a couple times between 2000-2004, until I realized that it would be wise to maintain insurance on my vehicle. I was approved for my CPL in 2008.

Offline Kalvin6996

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 06:27:51 PM »
I still don't think you were disqualified because of just a suspended drivers license, it must be because of the offense(s) leading to the suspension. I had my drivers license suspended a couple times between 2000-2004, until I realized that it would be wise to maintain insurance on my vehicle. I was approved for my CPL in 2008.

You also don't live in Wayne county, but yeah i'm waiting for them to call me back with a appointment for the gun board.. i keep calling never get anything back.

Offline Kalvin6996

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 07:46:37 PM »
Dang no edit button, but no nothing leading to a suspended license other than to many points on my license. It's actually on the application.

Have not been convicted of one of the following misdemeanors in the 8 years immediately preceding the date of application:

Driving while license suspended or revoked, second or subsequent offense, MCL 257.904

Offline RenegadeMarine

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 08:15:40 PM »
You are correct, I don't live in Wayne County, and I'm very glad for that! It sounds like you've got a bit of a fight on your hands. I hope it all works out for you, good luck!

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 11:11:35 PM »
Dang no edit button, but no nothing leading to a suspended license other than to many points on my license. It's actually on the application.

Have not been convicted of one of the following misdemeanors in the 8 years immediately preceding the date of application:

Driving while license suspended or revoked, second or subsequent offense, MCL 257.904

Ah yes, there is quite a difference from just having a suspended license and being ticket twice for driving while suspended. That makes a lot more sense. OC is the way to go for now. Welcome!

Offline NHCGRPR45

• Macomb Twp. MI
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 06:01:03 PM »
welcome!
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such goverment, and to provide new gaurds for their future security. United States Constitution.

Offline Kalvin6996

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2010, 09:42:31 PM »
Still a little nervous on OCing lol I have read a lot of stuff from this site but I am going to attend the OC seminar at Gander mtn on Tuesday.

Offline emt805

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2010, 01:03:01 AM »
Still a little nervous on OCing lol I have read a lot of stuff from this site but I am going to attend the OC seminar at Gander mtn on Tuesday.

Did you mean the OC seminar at Gander Mountain in Taylor?

Thursday December 9, 2010 at 7:00pm and 8:50pm

Offline Kalvin6996

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2010, 12:35:55 PM »
oh yeah the 9th, i have it set in my phone anyways lol