Author Topic: Would Jesus Carry?  (Read 6897 times)

Offline CrossPistols

• Legal Musings
  • Charter Member Mundy Twp.
Would Jesus Carry?
« on: December 24, 2010, 10:32:02 AM »
Ha Ha Gotcha!  Mele Kalikimaka! From CrossPistols (Conservative85) It has been a quick three years since I found MOC and started OC'ing. I've made a lot of new friends and Our Mission has made great Leaps. I just wanted to wish all a Good Christmas.

I'd love see I'd love to see everyone reply with one as well. GodBless!
Hotel Sierra Lima Delta!

Offline hamaneggs

Re: Would Jesus Carry?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 07:39:33 PM »
No!All He had to do is Speak!
In GOD I TRUST! Luke 22:36 "and if You don't have a sword,sell Your cloak and buy one". Nehemiah 4:17 "Those who carried materials did their work with one hand and held a weapon in the other,and each of the builders wore his sword at His side as He worked."  I AGREE! AMEN!

Offline philipsteele

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 02:52:46 AM »
thats interesting... ;)

Offline METL

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 11:26:56 AM »
There is a passage in the bible about instructing someone to sell their cloak and buy a sword if they didn't already have one.  Additionally, I have spoken with my pastor on the "thou shall not kill" commandment and he gave me a link (I will have to find it again) about self defense and Christians...   basically if it's in self defense, it's AOK.

Offline Bronson

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 01:59:49 PM »
Additionally, I have spoken with my pastor on the "thou shall not kill" commandment

I have been told that a more accurate translation of the Hebrew word would be "murder" instead of "kill."

http://www.levitt.com/hebrew/commandments.html#c6

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline METL

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 02:50:02 PM »
I didn't get the same response, but it was along the lines of that..    killing for defense is justified...

Here's the link...

http://www.gotquestions.org/self-defense.html

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 03:05:44 PM »
I didn't get the same response, but it was along the lines of that..    killing for defense is justified...

Here's the link...

http://www.gotquestions.org/self-defense.html

Unless you're a Methodist.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline CrossPistols

• Legal Musings
  • Charter Member Mundy Twp.
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 10:55:19 AM »
  Since this has been reborn (pun intended) I will explain that I was just trying for a merry Christmas response, but hey My two cents is that the original text is thou shalt not Commit Murder. It is the only way I take it as well. I think the "turn the other cheek" was meant for the trivial things.  I think the "sell your cloak for a sword" one is basically be prepared for the worse. By the way is the way I try to look at the future...Expect the worse, and pray for the best!.   

Hotel Sierra Lima Delta!

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 02:03:41 PM »
And keep your fire insurance up to date.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
  • Do you really want to go there with me?
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 03:02:27 PM »
Q: Why do you need to carry a gun if you trust in God?

A: I do my part by carrying the gun, He does His part by guiding the bullets!
United we STAND!
I open carry for the same reason God gave poisonous animals bright colors.

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 07:24:24 PM »
 :) I think i will use that one. That was funny and true. Carry On. 8).
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline khicks

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2011, 12:29:07 PM »
as for the part of the bible to buy a sword, Luke 22,36. for me, i trust god for my eternal salvation, i trust golck, for my life.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2011, 12:51:14 PM »
as for the part of the bible to buy a sword, Luke 22,36. for me, i trust god for my eternal salvation, i trust golck, for my life.

I see that snippet of scripture quoted frequently. Can you please quote the parable in its entirety and give a complete analysis?

Scriptural snippets can be very misleading.

Offline METL

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2011, 01:31:50 PM »
Yeah, and who's this Golck guy protecting you?    :D

Offline Bronson

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2011, 03:07:42 PM »
I want a WWJMBD wrist band.

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
  • Do you really want to go there with me?
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2011, 01:52:33 PM »
Luke chapter 22
35And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing.

36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

37For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.

38And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

This is occurs during the end of the last supper. As many know, during the last supper, Jesus taught His disciples many things, such as being a servant rather than a master amongst others. Sort of a wrap up set of teachings to prepare the disciples for what was ahead after Jesus' work here was completed. In verse 35, Jesus points out to them that before they had no need for money, gear or even shoes. But then He tells them in verses 36 and 37 that it will be different now because His work here was nearly done. They will need to do their part to be prepared and must gather up their money, gear and shoes and be prepared to the best of their ability. The fact that He mentioned a sword in verse 36 but not 35 puts importance on the fact that we are to do ALL WE CAN in addition to trusting God to protect us. While God will heal us when we are sick, He may intend to do so through pharmeceuticals. We have to do what we can and trust Him to do the rest. Just like when David led his armies into battle. It was often at great odds but he did all that he could and TRUSTED GOD to make up the difference.

Joyce Meyers (sp?) once said... "Miracles come in cans. You have to do what you can, and trust God to do what you CAN't." Therefore, I do my part by carrying the gun and I trust God to do His part by guiding the bullets!

The above, of course, is my interpretation of this passage. I encourage each reader to come to their own conclusion with the aid and wisdom of The Holy Spirit. Just ask - He'll help!
United we STAND!
I open carry for the same reason God gave poisonous animals bright colors.

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2011, 07:00:33 PM »
Amen. Well said. Carry On Safely.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.