Author Topic: Postcard template for mass-mailing question.  (Read 18177 times)

Offline TheElk

Postcard template for mass-mailing question.
« on: May 26, 2010, 12:12:19 AM »
Hello,

I had an idea and was wondering what everyone thought about it. What if we had a downloadable and editable postcard template with information about MOC and OC in Michigan. Something short and sweet and with links to miopencarry.org and OCDO. I would gladly print out a bunch of post cards and start sending them out to my neighbors. What do you think?

I sent my membership form in today so I should be officially joining the fold soon.

TheElk
I'm MarineSgt on OCDO and smalls on MGO. Someone who can't be trusted to walk free in public with a firearm shouldn't be walking around free.

Offline TheElk

Re: Postcard template for mass-mailing question.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 10:09:46 AM »
I made a post card example for MOC in Microsoft Office 2007. But it looks like I can't post attachments. >:(
I'm MarineSgt on OCDO and smalls on MGO. Someone who can't be trusted to walk free in public with a firearm shouldn't be walking around free.

Offline viperar15-member

• Michigan Open Carry, Inc
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 10:14:49 AM »
as soon as i get your membership application, you can post attachments ;-)
you can send it to it@miopencarry.org and i'll get it posted
Shaun Crawford

Offline viperar15-member

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 11:14:19 AM »
here you are
Shaun Crawford

Offline cabman1

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 11:55:11 AM »
I would say Take the crest out of it It makes it 2 hard to read.

If you want the crest on it put it in the corner on the front!!

I would also say to take out dear sir and ma'am and replace it with dear concerned citizens

But thats just my .02 cents!
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc or the law.

Offline TheElk

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 12:21:56 PM »

I would also say to take out dear sir and ma'am and replace it with dear concerned citizens

Yeah maybe the crest could go on the other side. I don't want it to look boring, I want people to actually read it. Especially if I'm paying for printing and postage costs.  :) I'm not sure if the person receiving the postcard would be a "concerned citizen" that's why I put Sir or Ma'am. I appreciate the feedback and will continue to improve it. If a few people are interested then perhaps we could perfect this and get some of these sent out. I was thinking I could somehow get a mailing list (through the Post Office maybe?) and then send postcards by street.

Thanks,
TheElk

Warchild

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 01:06:04 PM »
If this is going to be a post card for mailing; may I suggest the logo be located in the return address portion of the post card along with the web address of MOC. It shouldn't go in the upper right...stamp goes there.

The post office will not/can't provide mailing addresses, privacy act violation of personal info.

You would have to consult the public records at the city/county level if you want an accurate address accounting...discounting vacant buildings/residences.

JMO

Offline viperar15-member

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 01:12:46 PM »
there are online services we can employ to get mailings done if we want also :-)
Shaun Crawford

Offline TheElk

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 01:30:56 PM »
If this is going to be a post card for mailing; may I suggest the logo be located in the return address portion of the post card along with the web address of MOC. It shouldn't go in the upper right...stamp goes there.

The post office will not/can't provide mailing addresses, privacy act violation of personal info.

You would have to consult the public records at the city/county level if you want an accurate address accounting...discounting vacant buildings/residences.

JMO

Interesting. Well with the example that was posted I was thinking on the one side would be the text and on the other side we could have Crest, return address and website. I was hoping that individuals would be able to print them and mail them in their local area. It could be a sort of grass roots effort.  :) I guess I could go for a nice walk and write down the street addresses as I go!

Offline venator

• MOC Member
    • My Parents Open Carry book order
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 02:53:03 PM »

Yeah maybe the crest could go on the other side. I don't want it to look boring, I want people to actually read it. Especially if I'm paying for printing and postage costs.  :) I'm not sure if the person receiving the postcard would be a "concerned citizen" that's why I put Sir or Ma'am. I appreciate the feedback and will continue to improve it. If a few people are interested then perhaps we could perfect this and get some of these sent out. I was thinking I could somehow get a mailing list (through the Post Office maybe?) and then send postcards by street.

Thanks,
TheElk

How about just using HELLO and not using sir or ma'am of citizen....
Family book on OPEN CARRY go to: http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/
Looking forward to having more smites than posts.  Thanks all.
The above are my opinions only.  Please seek an attorney concerning all questions of law.

Offline Savage.Detroit

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2010, 10:16:58 PM »
Please see attachment.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 11:33:12 PM by Savage.Detroit »
Adapted from Hillary: I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're in a hate group or a domestic terrorist. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration."

Offline TheElk

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 10:37:34 AM »
Please see attachment.

Wow it looks great! I really like it. The only thing I see wrong is it says "Conceal Pistol License" instead of "Concealed Pistol License"

Maybe you could post the editable version for addresses and such...

Offline Savage.Detroit

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2010, 01:43:14 AM »

Wow it looks great! I really like it. The only thing I see wrong is it says "Conceal Pistol License" instead of "Concealed Pistol License"

Maybe you could post the editable version for addresses and such...

OK, corrected the typo.

I did this in Pages 09 but saved it as a PDF and Word file.  I attached both but I am not sure how well the Word version will work. Someone with Word try it out and let us know.
Adapted from Hillary: I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're in a hate group or a domestic terrorist. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration."

Offline Bronson

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2010, 01:50:45 AM »
Someone with Word try it out and let us know.

When I open it in Word the Michigan Open Carry Inc. after the Sincerely is cut off.

Looks great by the way.

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

anetsprungen

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2010, 06:53:35 AM »
I think it looks great too.  I had the same problem as Bronson with the bottom text being cut off.  After changing the point size of the text in the text box from 11 to 10, everything was visible.

Roy
 8)

Offline TheElk

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2010, 01:35:00 PM »
I think it looks great too.  I had the same problem as Bronson with the bottom text being cut off.  After changing the point size of the text in the text box from 11 to 10, everything was visible.

Roy
 8)

Yep, I was able to get it all visible as well. What I'm thinking of doing is riding my bike or walking street by street and either writing down the addresses or speaking the numbers into my recorders. When I get home I can enter them into Word and print off address labels, slap some postage on them, and send them out.  Hopefully within the next couple days I can get some going out. Hopefully there will be some new members from Allendale soon! :)

Offline Evil Creamsicle

• Commie Rifle Fetishist
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2010, 03:22:36 PM »
Looks good thus far.

If i'm feeling froggy later, may I play with this design some?  ;D
Once armed, a free man can never be disarmed. Only defeated.

Offline Savage.Detroit

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2010, 08:27:23 PM »
Looks good thus far.

Sure, it is not approved by MOC so I guess whatever the final one looks like on this thread we may want to submit to whoever could approve it. Did that make sense, lol!

Offline TheElk

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2010, 09:15:31 AM »
Looks good thus far.

Sure, it is not approved by MOC so I guess whatever the final one looks like on this thread we may want to submit to whoever could approve it. Did that make sense, lol!

Is there a process laid out already on how literature and material is approved for MOC? We could even have a couple approved postcard designs...

Offline spikedawg

• weidman michigan
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2010, 09:10:10 PM »
can or should you print and mail this card out to the public without being approved by moc ?