Author Topic: Anyone watching the Zimmerman trial?  (Read 62810 times)

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Anyone watching the Zimmerman trial?
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2013, 12:20:21 PM »
Sadly, in our system juries believe that if a man is charged with the crime he must be guilty of something. Therefore the defense is fighting an uphill battle despite the standard of "beyond all reasonable doubt".
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline jgillmanjr

• MOC Member
    • Freedom Forged Security Consulting
  • First Name (Displayed): Jason
Re: Anyone watching the Zimmerman trial?
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2013, 12:36:13 PM »
Sadly, in our system juries believe that if a man is charged with the crime he must be guilty of something. Therefore the defense is fighting an uphill battle despite the standard of "beyond all reasonable doubt".

However, the State's witnesses seem to be doing a damn good job of flattening that hill.
IT Director
Deputy Treasurer
Legislative Aide

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2013, 01:16:11 PM »
I just hope the women in the jury aren't as stupid as the women eye-witnesses for the prosecution.   :o

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2013, 02:03:40 PM »
Prosecution is still going for Zimmerman being on top, and stating that Zimmerman was beating Trayvon.

Makes no sense!

Offline jgillmanjr

• MOC Member
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2013, 02:15:52 PM »
Prosecution is still going for Zimmerman being on top, and stating that Zimmerman was beating Trayvon.

Makes no sense!

It's pretty evident at this point that the judge is batting for the prosecution. Over ruling objections by the defense about the state bringing up new stuff that wasn't covered in the recross
IT Director
Deputy Treasurer
Legislative Aide

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2013, 03:10:38 PM »
Am rolling on the floor laughing over Rachel "Dee Dee" Jeantel's testimony so far. 

I'll be very surprised if the court reporter comes back after the break. 

Offline jgillmanjr

• MOC Member
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2013, 03:12:48 PM »
Am rolling on the floor laughing over Rachel "Dee Dee" Jeantel's testimony so far.

Tom and I have been conversing about how she's such a quality young lady, and that she'll go far in life.

And by go far in life, I mean she'll probably still be in high school long enough to purchase the booze for the parties.
IT Director
Deputy Treasurer
Legislative Aide

Offline jgillmanjr

• MOC Member
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2013, 03:39:32 PM »
Oh man, this is a $#|t show for the State's witnesses today.
IT Director
Deputy Treasurer
Legislative Aide

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2013, 09:53:55 PM »
Anyone else see Rachel "Dee Dee" Jeantel on the witness stand today? I don't think I've laughed this hard for ten or twenty years.

For those that missed it, here she is on the witness stand today. About two hours worth. She begins at the one hour mark (1:00:00) in the first video.

and then continues here:

and finishes here:

Seriously, you guys need to watch the prosecution's star witness.  I had to bail with about 45-50 minutes left, so I am going to catch up tonight, but I understand she has to come back tomorrow.   ;D

Offline jgillmanjr

• MOC Member
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2013, 10:06:00 PM »
Seriously, you guys need to watch the prosecution's star witness.  I had to bail with about 45-50 minutes left, so I am going to catch up tonight, but I understand she has to come back tomorrow.   ;D

She's not pleased with that fact either. If West plays his cards right, home girl will implode before our eyes.
IT Director
Deputy Treasurer
Legislative Aide

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2013, 07:49:05 AM »

"Even though he's dead in the ground, the type of people Trayvon Martin associated with tells me a lot about him."

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Anyone watching the Zimmerman trial?
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2013, 10:49:34 AM »

"Even though he's dead in the ground, the type of people Trayvon Martin associated with tells me a lot about him."

And last week I hung out with stoners. Some of them smoked as I stood 10' away from them outside.

I've never smoked pot in my life.

I don't buy the "the type of ppl you hang with..."
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2013, 10:57:25 AM »
And last week I hung out with stoners. Some of them smoked as I stood 10' away from them outside.

I've never smoked pot in my life.

I don't buy the "the type of ppl you hang with..."

Were the good people nonetheless? Did you just happen to hang out with these people one time, or do you spend hours a day on the phone with them?

After watching this girl's testimony, I understand what this guy is saying.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2013, 12:23:59 PM »
You hang out with people who smoke pot all the time, while they smoke pot, over their house while they smoke pot?  That would be the equivalent.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2013, 01:28:34 PM »
Prosecutor: "When did you ask Trayvon that question?"
Witness: "I axed him the night he died."
Defense: "She killed Trayvon!"

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2013, 08:52:51 PM »
The State finally brought forward a credible and intelligible witness today. Turns out she mostly supported Zimmerman's story.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2013, 09:09:32 PM »
She's not pleased with that fact either. If West plays his cards right, home girl will implode before our eyes.
From the trial today, it sounds like the defense will be calling her themselves.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2013, 09:15:12 PM »
There were two press conferences after the trial today, O'Mara and the Martin family.  Here's a few notes I took.

O'Mara thinks that if anything outside the seven minutes of the event is allowed in, then everything should be allowed in, meaning if the prosecution wants to go after Zimmerman's history, the defense should go after Trayvon's history.  O'Mara also said trial could go into a third week, although it's going faster than they all thought it would.

Here are the Trayvon Martin family press conference highlights (it's comedy gold).   Family attorney Daryl Parks spoke.

Family/attorney remarks:  Martin family very encouraged by the witnesses so far. They were very impressed with Rachel Jeantel.   Martin family thinks that race is not a part of this process, and no one should inject race into it, despite the racial stuff that Trayvon said.

Reporter question: do you regret bringing Rachel Jeantel and her statements to you to the prosecution? Ans: No. The State of Florida can take care of themselves.

Reporter question: You say race is not an issue, but the Martin family appeared all over the country with race leaders. Ans: Zimmerman racially profiled Trayvon.

Reporter question: Do you think Rachel's testimony hurt the state's case? Ans: No, she was amazing! This family's so proud of her. She blew Zimmerman's self-defense claims out of the water.

Reporter question about Rachel Jeantel being memorable or credible. Ans: I think she's credible.

Reporter question: When Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton were down in Florida, why didn't you say this wasn't about race then? Why are you only saying it now? Ans: deflect.

Reporter question: Are you worried about Trayvon's fighting coming in to evidence? Ans: No, there's no evidence Trayvon did anything to George Zimmerman.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2013, 08:02:07 AM »
Supporters of slain teen Trayvon Martin are vowing to carry out disturbing and deadly acts of violence if Zimmerman is not found guilty.

‘IF ZIMMERMAN GET OFF, IMA GO KILL A WHITE BOY’: TRAYVON MARTIN SUPPORTERS MAKE SHOCKING THREATS AHEAD OF VERDICT

Offline jgillmanjr

• MOC Member
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2013, 08:35:16 AM »
Supporters of slain teen Trayvon Martin are vowing to carry out disturbing and deadly acts of violence if Zimmerman is not found guilty.

‘IF ZIMMERMAN GET OFF, IMA GO KILL A WHITE BOY’: TRAYVON MARTIN SUPPORTERS MAKE SHOCKING THREATS AHEAD OF VERDICT

Guess we'll find out if the gov calls me up for riot duty.
IT Director
Deputy Treasurer
Legislative Aide