Open Carry Specific > OC Experiences

got sheriff called me in iosco county this weekend

<< < (2/10) > >>

gryphon:
I think Tom is wondering whether a boat qualifies as a CPL-required vehicle like a car does.  Motorcycle is a grey area.  Out of an abundance of caution we assume it is, but the MSP has stated their policy is a CPL is not required for OC on a motorcycle.  Your local cop or sheriff might not agree, though.

SD40VE:

--- Quote from: gryphon on June 24, 2014, 11:37:56 AM ---I think Tom is wondering whether a boat qualifies as a CPL-required vehicle like a car does.  Motorcycle is a grey area.  Out of an abundance of caution we assume it is, but the MSP has stated their policy is a CPL is not required for OC on a motorcycle.  Your local cop or sheriff might not agree, though.

--- End quote ---

which they didnt, lol, it appears they were under the assumption that any motor vehicle is a cpl designated area. boat, atv, motorcycle. where transport rules need to be followed if you dont have a cpl

Xpiatio:
How did you like the $26 license fee they (the state) imposed on you for fishing?

SD40VE:
i paid $76 for mine

hunt/fish combo

i paid $28 for my all species last year so i saved $2 this year

still looking for that monster sturgeon though :( or even a nice muskie would be cool

bigt8261:

--- Quote from: gryphon on June 24, 2014, 11:37:56 AM ---I think Tom is wondering whether a boat qualifies as a CPL-required vehicle like a car does.  Motorcycle is a grey area.  Out of an abundance of caution we assume it is, but the MSP has stated their policy is a CPL is not required for OC on a motorcycle.  Your local cop or sheriff might not agree, though.

--- End quote ---

No, that's not it. If it's a boat with a motor, then I would agree a CPL is required. IIRC, there is another statute outside of 750.227 that covers this. Yep, 750.227c. Note, 750.231 applies to 227c just as it applies to 227.

What I was asking about was the justification for the stop. We know an officer can't pull a vehicle over just to make sure the drive is licensed. We also know an officer can't stop someone on the street just to make sure their firearm is licensed.

Can an officer stop a vehicle to make sure the operator has a CPL?

Or, did the stop come about under the pretense of fishing regs?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version