Author Topic: OC in Berkley  (Read 6703 times)

Offline BTAvery

OC in Berkley
« on: September 04, 2010, 08:21:34 PM »
Well this is my first time posting on an experience I have OCed with my dog and with my father in total about 10 times around Berkley and for the Dream Cruise. I also OCed well I was in my old town Tawas City for Fourth of July.

Well anyways getting back to an hour agos experience. So I grabbed my dog benny (cough best dog ever cough) and out the door down a street to a main street a mother and son (I believe) bicycled past and the son said "He's got a gun". No problems with them but a guy in a black van that the only way it can be described is Creeper Van. Anyways he yells out "What do you need a gun for in Berkley?" So I respond "To protect myself and my family." (In a calm non aggressive tone. I finish walking up to the light and he is waiting he said "Who in your family are you protecting?". I respond "Uh myself" (and next time I might include benny. So he mumbles something inaudible but in a aggressive f you tone. So he turns and yells something inaudible bu in a aggressive tone then does like a whatever hand jesture and then a follow up bird possibly hard to tell cars were passing in between.

Finished up my walk a couple blocks early to friggen cold out had long pants and a sweat shirt and was still cold. The guy actually made me laugh. Final not one Berkley PD drove by but I don't think he saw me I was walking behind a car that was blocking the sidewalk.

Offline Evil Creamsicle

• Commie Rifle Fetishist
Re: OC in Berkley
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 06:34:47 PM »
Don't worry I already made headway in Berkley about two months ago  ;D

I didn't post anything because I was still under investigation but I was stopped, OC with CPL, technically on school property. I wasn't breaking any laws but it was a little bit of a fiasco, which ended with me having a personal meeting with the Berkley police chief to pick up my FOIA info, and he asserted that OC was legal, and that he believed in the people's rights.

As far as the people, yeah, the guy that called on me was the complete opposite. He was polite, he even gave me the key to the bathroom...

Don't sweat him. Someday you'll probably have to save his life, then you can give him the most epic 'raised eyebrow' look in history, and receive his 'shamed apology' look in return. ;)
Once armed, a free man can never be disarmed. Only defeated.

Offline BTAvery

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 11:17:53 PM »
LMFAO ok. When you were on school property are you talking about berkley middle school with the tennis courts, football field and the community center near it? Any info would be great because I OC around and it would be something to learn.

Offline Evil Creamsicle

• Commie Rifle Fetishist
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 01:29:00 PM »
Yes, that is exactly where I was. I had just gone on to walk on the track. I would advise if you don't have a CPL and want to walk that way, stay on the sidewalk on the community center side. The community center is not school property. Its a fine line. My girlfriend lives over that way so if you wanna get together and take a stroll let me know.

Offline BTAvery

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 02:33:59 PM »
For sure I would love to meet you. I actually live like a 100 yards up Robina. Yeah if your ever around my number is *removed,if it was intended for you,look in your inbox to find it* I actually walk Catalpa to Coolidge to 12 mile west to some side street then back to my house with my dog as often as I can. I will say I'm a full time student and work 15-25 hours a week at my job so working time is hard but definatly give me a call. Also I HATE coffee so I'll pass on that.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 06:08:13 PM by lil_freak_66 »

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 06:06:43 PM »
Hi BT,

Nice to see you here & that you are having fun OCing. You might want to ask evilcreamcicle to email you to exchange phone #'s. Sadly in today's world one can never be too careful with their private info(if there is such a thing). 
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
  • First Name (Displayed): Tyler
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 06:10:11 PM »
Especially with all the spammers that have been on here recently.

I removed it and messaged it to the user it was intended for.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 10:48:50 PM by lil_freak_66 »
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.

Offline BTAvery

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 10:09:28 PM »
Damn. Never thought of that thanks. That would have sucked getting a crap ton of spam calls.

Offline Evil Creamsicle

• Commie Rifle Fetishist
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 05:19:34 PM »
I'll give you a call here this week sometime probably... erm... but I never said anything about coffee  :-\
lol

Offline BTAvery

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 05:13:25 PM »
The coffee thing is derived from every time I here about people that get together to OC they always say coffee so I was taking a preemptive attack.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2010, 05:18:59 PM »
The coffee thing is derived from every time I here about people that get together to OC they always say coffee so I was taking a preemptive attack.

Just do what I do and get a smoothy!
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline Evil Creamsicle

• Commie Rifle Fetishist
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 11:58:14 AM »
Nah, I'd usually suggest a burrito instead.

ETA: My phone is back on now so you may hear from me this week.

Offline BTAvery

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 02:24:26 PM »
smoothys are ok but that burrito sounds good the 5 layer from taco bell is crazy good.

Offline Radioman

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2010, 09:23:38 PM »
Personal Favorite is the small football sized ones from Qdoba.  And it would give you a chance to rub it in Royal Jokes face about OC.  Two good things in one neat package.

Radioman